A vacancy exists for a VR GP to join the BRMC clinical team. BRMC is a busy, mixed billing general practice with an emphasis on patient care. If you are interested please call the Practice Manager Janelle on 0413 712 630. All enquiries are confidential.
Conditions of Employment:
Responsible to Principal Doctors and Practice Manager
Purpose of the position:
To assist the leadership team to provide quality care to our patients with the smooth and efficient running of the practice which includes the implementation of quality systems as well as the compliance with Medicare regulations.
- Be a part of our team.
- Organize and maintain the flow of patients.
- Patient triage.
- To assist the Practice Manager.
- Have a thorough knowledge of procedures and policies in both the reception and nursing areas of the Practice.
- Work with principals to develop and implement strategies for the achievement of practice goals.
- Recruitment, development, and management of non-clinical practice staff to ensure high performance and continuous professional improvement.
- Reviewing and improving practice systems to ensure the efficient day-to-day running of the practice allowing high-quality services to be maintained.
- Primary responsibility for the reviewing, updating, and implementation of Infection Control procedures (including Environmental cleaning of practice)– in consultation with Practice Nurses and Doctors.
- Maintain all practice equipment (including computers) as per manufacturer’s standards and to maintain accreditation standards.
- Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure the business is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including industrial and employment law, OHS requirements, privacy obligations, and taxation responsibilities.
- Continuing quality improvement in the areas of staff education and occupational safety.
- Maintaining premises according to RACGP standards including environmental cleaning policy.
Duties in accordance with Practice policies and procedures:
- Advocacy for all staff
- Ensure competency and thorough knowledge of NES and relevant Employment Awards pertaining to the medical industry
- Organize and maintain practice standards including dress, telephone, and patient care in accordance with practice policies and procedures
- Supervise administration, front office and nursing staff
- Maintain Administration and Nursing staff rosters
- Book and organize regular staff and/or doctor’s meetings as directed
- Organize staff training when appropriate
- Communicate to Practice Manager and Practice Principals any concerns regarding staff
- Participate in staff performance reviews and staff selection panels
- Provide relief and assistance in the front office (including reception tasks)
- Ensure smooth running of administration/front office in accordance with practice policies and procedures and in conjunction with the Practice Manager and Practice Principals
- Attend to incoming mail
- Contribute equitably to maintaining the cleanliness of the practice
- Maintain patient and practice confidentiality at all times
- Liaise with patients and their families in a compassionate manner
- Ensure the smooth running of the practice on a daily basis
- Ensure communication throughout surgery is running smoothly at all times
- Maintain up to date knowledge regarding Medicare compliance and billing
- Ensure all Medicare paperwork is actioned to enable the practice to receive the Medicare Incentive Payments (i.e. PIP & PNIP)
- Primary responsibility for the reviewing, updating, and implementation of Infection Control procedures (including Environmental cleaning of practice) in consultation with Doctors, Practice Manager, and Practice Nurses
- Ensure Treatment room, Practice Nurse area is maintained and working smoothly in accordance with Practice policies and RACGP standards
- Ensure (along with Practice nurses) all medical equipment (including fridges) is maintained regularly in accordance with RACGP standards
- Arrange/update regular renewals/subscriptions for professional associations
- Arrange and maintain insurances and work cover for business
- Check and record all Professional Indemnity and clinical certificates required by General Practitioners to maintain their registration
- Make recommendations on practice image/internal marketing
- Update and maintain practice website
- Ensure the practice building and workspaces are conducive to a safe and practical work environment
- Ensure the practice building, rooms, car park and gardens are clean, tidy and accessible to all
- Maintain, upgrade and ensure computer network and database is working to optimum capacity
- Review literature, attend conferences and participate in continuing education courses in management
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities
Accreditation standards (as per RACGP Standards):
- Work to clinical governance processes and standards
- Maintain accreditation standards to ensure the receipt of the Medicare Practice Incentive Payment including the Practice Nurse Incentive Payment
- Record incidents and near misses in line with practice policy
- Participate in the practice risk management and quality improvement processes
- Ensure Practice duty of care including meeting practice standards and accountability is maintained daily
- Ensure Practice Policy and Procedures manual is up-to-date with latest RACGP standards – amend as necessary in conjunction with Practice Manager and Practice Principals
Please stay tuned to this space for more Jobs!