A vacancy exists for a VR GP to join the BRMC clinical team. BRMC is a busy, mixed billing general practice with an emphasis on patient care. If you are interested please call the Practice Manager Janelle on 0413 712 630. All enquiries are confidential.
BRMC are looking for an experienced senior receptionist to join their administration team. Experience in a medical practice is essential as well as an understanding medicare billing.
Position Description – Senior Receptionist
Applicable Industrial Award: National Employment Standards The Health Professionals and Support Staff Services Award
Responsible to: Principal Doctors and Practice Manager
General Purpose of Position:
- To provide high quality reception and secretarial services to the patients, doctors and staff at the surgery in a caring and supportive manner.
- To maintain confidentiality of all information at all times.
- To provide flexibility in practice staffing arrangements.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Practice administration and reception area.
- To implement and maintain all Policies and Procedures as per the Practice Manual and in accordance with legislation
- Communicate with Practice Manager over issues with team members or reception area.
- Communicate with Doctors regarding the scheduling of appointments.
- Any other Administrative duties as directed by the Practice Manager and Principal Doctors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Daily):
- Ensure all practice facilities are operational including open and close
- Contribute to maintaining the cleanliness of the practice including lunchroom
- Ensure appointments window on computer is up to date (confirm all new patients and reps).
- Answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner
- Liaise with patients and their families in a compassionate manner
- Triage patients in consultation with Practice Nurses and Doctors
- Liaise with GPs, other health professionals and their staff
- Ensure all electronic systems are operational e.g. Health engine/pathology and radiology downloads
- Ensure all fax and e-mail systems are open and running efficiently
- Receive and convey messages in writing, verbally and electronically
- Ensure all “Did Not Attend” patients are followed up
Ensure the smooth running of the reception/administration area
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the front office area
- Bill patients and receipt monies.
- Operate all aspects of EFTPOS machine.
- Undertake banking procedures.
- Ensure mail and banking are attended to
- Fax, scan and file documents.
- Ensure Doctors “out” tray is cleared regularly during the day.
- Ensure Doctors billing reports are printed and given to the Doctors at the end of the day – check
- Check daily billing and transmitting of Medicare and DVA
Senior Receptionist Duties:
- Action Exceptions Report from Medicare.
- Action Genie’s “Action List”
- Ensure patient “Workcover” billing is correct and out standings are up to date.
- Process Insurance reports
- Process DVA reports + DVA CVC billing
- Follow up request for records
- Ensure daily mail received and scanned into appropriate Doctors file
- Organise Close the Gap paperwork and ensure the registration of patients as per Medicare requirements
- Check and maintain computer network within the practice
- Complete any tasks asked by Principal Doctors, Contracted Doctors or Practice Manager.
- Ensure all reception/administration duties are completed e.g. stationery in Doctors rooms
- Action missing invoices report
- Ensure all reception/administration duties are completed – e.g. Petty Cash
- Perform Genie’s Integrity Check
- Chase up outstanding accounts (Aged Debtors) – as per instructions from Practice Manager
- Reception staff rosters
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities
- Teaching and guidance of other reception team members as per instructions from Doctor or Practice Manager.
- Communication with staff regarding problems and issues.
- Training, along with other team members, of new reception staff in consultation with Practice Manager.
- Maintain the smooth running of practice when Practice Manager is away.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Proficient in use of keyboard.
- Previous experience in a general practice environment is desired but not necessary.
- Knowledge of Genie Solutions desired.
- Understanding of Medical Terminology desired.
- This position is reviewed on an annual basis
Please stay tuned to this space for more Jobs!